The Region Treasurer is responsible and accountable for the financial health and activities of the Region. The Region Treasurer maintains records of income and expenses, establishes a bank account (dual signatures), prepares annual Region budget, and executes the approved budget. The Region Treasurer is empowered and authorized to maintain the official financial records of the Region according to the Region Bylaws.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Keep records of all income and expenses
- Prepare and present financial reports at the Region Board Meetings (expenditures and income since last board meeting, year-to-date information, etc.)
- Develop the Region operations budget for the upcoming year for presentation at Regional Board Meetings
- Review monthly bank statement and financial impact on the budget, notifying Region Vice President of actual versus budget variances
- Prepare and submit, by January 15, the Region Finance Report to the National Office, Vice President of Finance, and Region Vice President (click here for Excel version with formulas).
- Support and promote the NPMA Strategic Plan
- Fulfill and uphold the NPMA Bylaws (National and Regional)
Schedule of Duties
- Prepare by January 15, the Region Finance Report (Tax), and submit to the National Office, and to the Vice President Finance and Region Vice President.
- Provide for a disinterested person or committee to audit the financial records sixty (60) days prior to an annual Region Board of Delegates Meeting. This is accomplished yearly.
- Review and maintain a copy of the Region’s seminar financial records. The hosting Chapter shall provide these records 30 days after the seminar and all expenses have been paid.
- Turn over all reports and records to the new committee Chairperson within 30 days of the new appointment.