The Region Secretary is empowered and authorized to maintain the official records of all region activities except for financial affairs. In the absence or incapacity of the Region Vice President, the Region Secretary may assume the authority, duties and responsibilities of the Region Vice President, if stated in the Region Bylaws.
The Secretary and Treasurer positions may be combined at the option of the region and stated in the Region Bylaws.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the Vice President, Directors and Region Chapters as needed
- Fulfill and uphold the NPMA Bylaws (National and Regional).
- Effectively communicate the Region business information to all Officers and Region Chapters
- Maintain the history for the region (newsletters, minutes from board meetings, financial reports, official correspondence, etc.) in notebooks (one per calendar year)
- Record minutes for each Region Board meeting and distribute copies of the minutes in a timely manner to the Region National Delegates
- Prepare and distribute pertinent information prior to, and during, Region Board Meetings (e.g., agendas, proxy forms, financial reports, Directors’ reports, and copies of other pertinent documents)
- Support and promote the NPMA Strategic Plan
Schedule of Duties
- Prior to each meeting, prepare and distribute an agenda and all pertinent actions to the Region Officers, Chapter Presidents, and National Delegates. The time frame should be at least sixty (60) days.
- Record and maintain minutes of all Region Executive Board and Board of Delegates meetings. Distribute 30 days prior to the next scheduled meeting. Distribute to the Region Officers within 30 days after the meeting for follow-up actions.
- Deliver to the newly elected Region Secretary, all books, historical records and Region reports. This can be accomplished at the Region Board meeting after elections or at a convenient time scheduled by both parties within 30 days of the election.
- Provide a complete Region membership roster to the Region Officers, Membership chair and Chapter Presidents, 60 days prior to a meeting of the Region Board of Delegates. Roster should also show dropped members.