The Publicity Committee is appointed to publicize NPMA and in maintaining the professional image of the Association. Additionally, the Publicity Committee should ensure favorable publicity about Chapter activities and accomplishments of the members.
The Chapter President will appoint the Chairperson. Chapters may choose to establish this position as Chapter Vice President/Publicity. The Chair will appoint members to serve on the committee.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Publicity Committee has the following duties and responsibilities:
- Prepare news releases concerning Chapter meetings and programs. Send the releases to newspapers each month at least two (2) weeks in advance of the meetings.
- Prepare news releases concerning members and their achievements, and awards, etc., with photos, if possible. Send releases to newspapers as soon as the event happens.
- Prepare articles concerning Chapter activities. Send articles to the Region Editor for submission in The Property Professional. Or submit them to the NPMA Digest.
- Partner with the Chair of the Membership Committee to develop letters to besent to local industries, commercial organizations, institutions, and government agencies. The letters(s) should provide information about NPMA, the Chapter, and its programs for the next four meetings. Be sure to include an invitation for their property management personnel to attend the next Chapter meeting.
- Maintain a file of all media and publicity activities.
- On or before December 1, submit to the Chapter Executive Board a program plan with a budget request for the coming year.
- Submit written reports of activities and achievements to the Chapter President for inclusion in the Chapter Report for the Region Board of Directors’Meeting, and the Region and National Seminars.
- Submit an activity report to the Chapter President for the “Chapter of the Year” submission.
- At the December meeting submit a summary report relative to the affairs of the committee.