The Program Committee is appointed to plan and present a balanced and informative monthly program of educational sessions. This monthly program should be designed to be entertaining yet still assist NPMA members in their professional development.
The Chapter President will appoint the Chairperson. Chapters may choose to establish this position as a Chapter Vice President/Programs. The Chair will appoint members to serve on the committee.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Program Committee has the following duties and responsibilities:
- Plan a complete program for the entire year. The plan will include monthly topics and recommended speakers and/or participants.
- Develop an annual calendar of Chapter events.
- Invite speakers and other program participants.
- Obtain speaker and program participants’ biographical data, and information on how their topic will be represented.
- Ensure their presence at the meetings and arrange personal accommodations. Convey appreciation during and after the meetings.
- Supply the annual program plan, together with a description of each program topic, and if available, the biographical data of speakers to the Chapter Secretary for the monthly mailing to the membership.
- Conduct the program sessions of all Chapter meetings.
- Introduce the speaker(s) and other program participants.
- Plan and time the program session, discussion, and question and answer periods.
- Make the necessary plans and arrangements for all regular and special events in the Chapter such as, but not limited to, picnics, Christmas party, Boss’ Night, seminars (NES), and workshops, etc.
- Establish and maintain records of all Chapter program activities.
- On or before December 1, submit to the incoming Chapter Executive Board a program plan with a budget request for the coming year.
- Provide the Chapter Secretary with a synopsis of the program (within two weeks after each Chapter meeting) for inclusion in the Chapter meeting minutes.
- Periodically provide a written report of committee activities to the Chapter President.
- Submit written reports of activities and achievements to the Chapter President for inclusion in the Chapter Report for the Region Board of Directors ’Meetings and National and Region Seminars.
- Submit an activity report to the Chapter President for the purpose of the “Chapter of the Year” submission.
- At the December (year ending) meeting of the membership, submit a summary report relative to the affairs of this committee.
Guide to NPMA Continuing Education Units (CEUs)