Professional Development Committee
The Professional Development Committee is appointed to administer the Chapter’s Certification Program in accordance with the Certification Handbook, and assist the Chapter members in meeting their objectives to be certified in the property profession field.
The Chairperson is a Certified Professional Property Manager (CPPM), and will be appointed by the Chapter President. Chapters may choose to establish this position as a Chapter Vice President/Professional Development. The Chair will appoint members to serve on the committee. Chapter Proctors are standing members of this committee.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Professional Development Committee has the following duties and responsibilities:
- Encourage members to participate in the NPMA Certification Program
- Plan educational programs in property management that lead toward certification
- Prepare or obtain lesson materials from NPMA for each chapter in the NPMA property manual.
- Conduct workshops and training programs to assist members in taking the examinations for certification as a Certified Professional Property Specialist (CPPS), Certified Professional Property Administrator(CPPA), or Certified Professional Property Manager (CPPM).
- Assist in clarifying questions/problems or concerns with the routing of certification exams, notices, etc.
- Maintaina ledger/database of individual records and historical files pertaining to applicant testing and Chapter members’ certifications.
- Issue testing materials, including testing applications, records of payment of fees, testing histories, grading forms, etc.
- Establishand maintain an effective working relationship with the Vice Presidentof Certification, and Director of Certification.
- Liaison with the Certification Appeals Board, consulting Fellow Review Board, Grading Committee and any other related individuals.
- Provide assistance as needed to the Chair of the Program Committee.
- On or before December 1, submit to the incoming Chapter and incoming Executive Board a program plan and budget request for the coming year.
- Periodically provide a written report of committee activities to the Chapter President.
- Submit written reports of activities and achievements to the Chapter President for inclusion in the Chapter Report for the Region Board of Directors’ Meetings, and the National and Region Seminars.
- Submit an activity report to the Chapter President for the “Chapter of the Year” submission.
- At the December (year ending) meeting of the membership, submit a summary report relative to the affairs of the committee.