The Membership Committee is appointed to inform prospective members about the opportunities of membership in NPMA. In addition, the Membership Committee serves to ensure the retention of current members, and to assist Chapter officers in achieving a steady growth of new members. The Chair of the Chapter Membership Committee will serve on the National Membership Committee (chaired by the National Vice President of Membership) to facilitate coordination of membership activities.
The Chapter President will appoint the Chairperson. Chapters may choose to establish this position as a Chapter Vice President/Membership. The Chair of Chapter Membership will appoint members to serve on the committee.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Membership Committee has the following duties and responsibilities:
- Plan, organize, and implement an effective program to recruit new Chapter members and retain current members.
- Obtain and maintain current information with respect to eligible prospective members.
- Provide additions and deletions to the Chapter mailing list of members and prospects.
- Introduce new members at the Chapter meetings. Provide each new member with a new member packet that includes a copy of the Chapter Bylaws, a list of Chapter membership, and a list of officers and committee chairs. This packet should be enclosed with a letter of congratulations and welcome to the Chapter.
- Promote retention of membership by seeking information about achievements and promotions of members and publicize at meetings or through the Publicity Chair, and the Regional Editor.
- Arrange to make presentations of certificates, plaques, and awards during each Chapter meeting. Publicly recognize achievements by members and express thanks and appreciation for services rendered to the Chapter and/or the profession. No meeting should pass without some contribution from this committee for this purpose.
- Respond to the Vice President/ Membership and the Regional Director, Membership/ Retention in a timely manner.
- Telephone and correspond with members who do not attend meetings regularly to determine their interests and to solicit their assistance or suggestions for meeting those interests. Maintain a record of the correspondence and present information to the Chapter President.
- On or before December 1, submit a program plan and budget request for the coming year to the Chapter Executive Board.
- Periodically provide a written report of committee activities to the Chapter President.
- Submit written reports of activities and achievements to the Chapter Presidentfor inclusion in the Chapter Report for the Region Board of Directors’Meetings, and National and Region Seminars.