To provide a fund that will be available to NPMA members who have belonged to the association for a period of 24 or more consecutive months, and are currently actively employed or seeking active employment in Asset Management or a related profession.
Important Note: All National Foundation grants have been awarded for 2016. However, applications are still being accepted in the event that Regions have funds to award.
Submit Your Application Here
Criteria and Eligibility for Grants
- Grants shall be awarded to individual NPMA members for NPMA educational activities which will promote their advancement in the profession of Asset Management
- The applicant is responsible to ensure that all appropriate authorizations are obtained from their employer to attend the educational event, prior to completing the application
- Grant Applicants will not be accepted by the Foundation Committee more than 180 days prior to the seminar start date and no later than 60 days prior to the seminar start date. Early applications within the window are encouraged as the committee refers to make early decisions and hence early applications shall be given preference.
- Generally, the grants will be awarded 60 days prior to the seminar start date.
- Any funding received from sources other than the NPMA Foundation must be indicated on the online application form.
- A period of two consecutive years from the date of the last award shall have elapsed before a member may re-apply and be eligible for another grant.
- The NPMA Foundation committee will select the number of grant recipients based on the available funds and the guidelines stated below.
- The amount an individual member can be granted shall not exceed $1,500 in a two-year period. A period of two consecutive years from the date of the last award shall have elapsed before a member may reapply.
- The grant does not include extra days for Delegate’s or other meetings, transportation to/from the airport or food (other than meals covered in the registration fees).
- The grant can cover the cost for seminar registration, transportation to/from the seminar city and hotel cost (only the day before, during, and day after the seminar).
- The total amount granted to a member shall not exceed $3,000 in the life span of membership.
Eligible members must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be a NPMA member in good standing who has belonged to the association for a period of 24 consecutive months or more when applying for a grant.
- Be currently employed or seeking active employment in the asset management profession.
- Must not be a member of the Foundation Committee.
For selection of grant AWARDS, the Grant Committee will consider the Following:
- Members eligibility
Member’s contribution to the NPMA at the chapter, regional, or national level.
Amount of grant requested.
Available funds for the specific seminar.
Awards and Disbursements of Grants
- The awards are reimbursement type grants, meaning that you must first incur the costs and must physically attend the educational event prior to submitting an expense report for reimbursement. Recipients are not eligible for reimbursement if they do not attend the authorized event.
- Reimbursements will be for travel, conference fees, and hotel fees (excluding any costs associated with the Certification exam). No reimbursement is given for food, unless the food is included in the cost of the registration or course fee.
- Awards for tuition for NPMA sponsored courses or classes will be reimbursed by NPMA.
- The Foundation shall not pay for any Certification costs including: Initial application fee, books, and testing fees.
- All applicants receiving grant awards must review and adhere to the NPMA Travel Policy. A Travel Expense Report with original receipts must be submitted to the NPMA Foundation within 30 days of the last day of the authorized event. Late submissions will not be accepted by the Foundation.
Become a Supporter Today and Donate!
Voluntary contributions, memorials to deceased members, recognition of members or events, personal gifts, remembrances in wills, or fundraisers to support the Foundation are encouraged. Businesses, corporations and other foundations shall be actively solicited for support.
Thanks to contributions from generous donors, the NPMA Foundation continues to fulfill its mission!