The Finance Committee is appointed to maintain surveillance over income and expenditures of the Chapter, provide budgetary planning, and obtain approval of budget requirements.
The Chapter President will appoint the Chairperson. Chapters may choose to establish this position as a Chapter Vice President for Finance. The Chair will appoint members to serve on the committee. The Chapter Treasurer is a standing member of this committee.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Finance Committee is has the following duties and responsibilities:
- Together with the President-Elect, prepare and propose the annual budget for review by the incoming Executive Board at its first meeting.
- Audit of the Treasurer’s financial records. (Note: The Treasurer and the President will not participate in this audit.)
- Audit the financial records of any committee that handles funds.
- Audit the inventory of NPMA Manuals and any other materials or equipment held by the Chapter for sale.
- Work with any other committee or officer on any project designed to earn funds for the Chapter.
- Follow up on expenditures against approved budget items to preclude overspending against any line item.
- Assist the Chair in the development of a budget for any Chapter or Region Seminar or equivalent project to be carried out by the Chapter.
- On or before December 1, submit a program plan with a budget request for the coming year to the incoming Chapter Executive Board.
- At the January Chapter meeting, present the audit and inventory report.
- At the January Chapter membership meeting, present the Chapter’s annual budget.
- Submit written reports of activities and achievements to the Chapter President for inclusion in the Chapter Report for the Region Board of Directors’ Meetings, and National and Region Seminars.
- Submit an activity report to the Chapter President for the “Chapter of the Year” submission
- At the December (year ending) meeting of the membership, submit a summary report relative to the affairs of the committee.
- Prepare and propose the annual budget for review by the incoming Treasurer.