Chapter Vice President
The Vice President is elected by the members of the Chapter in accordance with the National Constitution and Bylaws and Chapter Bylaws and is responsible and accountable to the Chapter President for his/her association activities. Chapters may decide to establish more than one Vice President such as Vice President/ Education, Vice President/ Membership, or Vic ePresident/ Programs, but there should be one Vice President who serves as the Executive Vice President. The Chapter Bylaws will outline specific responsibilities.
The Vice President is second in command of the Chapter. In the absence or incapacity of the President, the Chapter Vice President shall automatically assume authority, duties and responsibilities of the President and shall have such other authority as may be delegated by the Chapter President.
Duties and Responsibilities
Subject to the Chapter Bylaws, and to delegation by the Chapter President, the Vice President has the following duties and responsibilities:
Fulfill the line position of supervisor of Chapter Committee Chairperson with respect to:
- Surveillance of committee activities and performance.
- Compliance with the Chapter President’s performance requirements and instructions.
- Coordination of intra-committee activities.
Provide staff assistance to the Chapter President as requested by:
- Preparing an informal monthly “Summary of Committee Activities” to briefly summarize the accomplishments of each committee with respect to the planned goals, and provide appropriate recommendations for use by the Chapter President at the regular membership meeting.
- Assisting the Chapter Secretary in the gathering of data and preparations for the required Chapter reports for Regional and National.
- Perform such other tasks that may be assigned by the Chapter President.