CPPM Eligibility REQUIREMENTS
- Have an active CPPA
- Have an approved Work Experience Summary.
- Have worked in the area of property management for at least six years in seven of the functional areas.
- The CPPS, CPPA and CPPM expire five years from the date of issue. To learn more about renewing your highest level of certification, visit our renewal page.
- Have four years of managerial experience
Managerial experience means: Supervision, decision-making, or management of resources (not necessarily personnel, such as project management; program management, financial management; team leadership; and sole property manager in organization, corporation, agency, etc.
Definitions of Functional Areas
||Disposition and Retirement
|Contracts & Agreements Closure
|Control: Ownership, Responsibility, and Accountability
|Movement & Transfers
NPMA membership is not required to participate in the Certification Program. The Non-NPMA Member fees listed below do not include a membership.
|CPPM Situational Judgment Exam - 1st Attempt
Retake fees for the CPPM exam are $75 for members; $175 for non-members
Purchase an exam*
*Use this button for first time purchases only. When purchasing exams, please do not use Internet Explorer. Please use another web browser such as Chrome or Firefox.
Purchase a retake of the CPPM exam
Taking the Exams
- Candidates are responsible for contacting the proctor to schedule the administration of the exam(s)
- If exams are not taken within 90 days, candidates can request an extension by contacting certification
- Exam instructions are emailed to proctors and candidates immediately upon receipt of payment
- Booklet exams are mailed to the proctor within two weeks of receipt of payment. If the proctor has not received the exam(s) within three weeks of payment, please contact certification
- CPPM exams are scored by trained grading teams
- CPPM exam results can take up to 2 months. Unsuccessful candidates receive a summary report of grader comments via email
- Results (pass/fail only) are posted on the candidate's profile at www.npma.org. Candidates receive an email when results are posted.
- Examination results are not given over the telephone
- There is no limit to the number of times you can take the CPPM exam. To retake the CPPM exam, you must purchase a retake exam and arrange with a proctor to take your exam.
- Exam retake fees for the CPPM Situational Judgement Exam are $75 for members and $175 for non-members.
- Certifications (CPPS, CPPA and CPPM) are not issued until all exams required for the applicable level of certification are passed
Questions? Contact certification.
CERTIFICATION ANNUAL REPORTS FOR THE CPPM ONLY
2007 Certification Annual Report
2008 Certification Annual Report
2009 Certification Annual Report
2010 Certification Annual Report
2011 Certification Annual Report
2012 Certification Annual Report
2013 Certification Annual Report
2014 Certification Annual Report
2015 Certification Annual Report